Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ummmm, some changes going on

Well, if you notice the title to my blog, you will see that it looks a little different. Yes, we changed her name. Why? There are several reasons. One being, every time I looked at her sweet picture, "Leah" just did not fit. I was losing sleep over it, and sleep , my friends, is very precious to me. Then there is the meaning of Leah "weary one." That was really bugging me. Her given Korean name "Bitna" means shining. Her birthmother wanted so bad for her to have a wonderful life, with a very beautiful name and a special meaning. "Weary one" was not settling well with my soul. And then there is the Bible Story. Leah was not picked first in that story, and with my girl being adopted, I was having serious reservations with the implications of that. Now, I do love the name Leah. I think it is beautiful, and everyone I know with that name is wonderfully sweet. It just does not fit "my" girl. So , drummrolllll please, our little Bitna will forever be named ANNELISE BITNA. Meaning "consecrated to god" and "shining". We have PRAYED for our little girl for years. This meaning is very special to us, and I think her birthmother would be proud. As a teensy bonus, my name is Elisabeth Ann. Annelise is a part of me, and she is a part of her birthmother. I think that is very very special. And my little girl should have a name that forever shows her the love of two Mothers. I hope the name fits her, and looking at her, and reading about her life thus far, it totally does. We love you sweet Annelise Bitna.
On a side note, the "cloud 9" factor as I have dubbed it, has worn off. Today at the post office, weighing Annelise's care package fully brought me to the realization that MY daughter is halfway around the world, and I will not be there for her to enjoy the goodies. I am missing her life. Please pray with me that my sweet girl's paperwork moves fast so that we can go pick her up as soon as possible. I am missing her terribly, and so very aware of all that I am missing. A piece of my heart now resides in Seoul.

16 comments:

  1. i LOVE it! i also love the name leah, but annelise is one of my all-time favorites. and, how absolutely special the meaning of it and the connection to your name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annelise is a beautiful name and I think it fits that precious face! I totally get each one of your reasons and I don't think you will ever regret changing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I've always loved that name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it and I'm glad you didn't stick with a name that made you feel uncomfortable. I figured out a few months ago that I may not be able name my child until I see her in person. No name is feeling right and I have a feeling that there is a reason for that. Until then, she is our willowbabygirl ha ha! And I do like her name, it is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the name Annelise and I think it fits little Bitna perfectly. A co-worker of mine changed her daughter's name a couple of hours after birth and had to get rid of all kinds of monogrammed items.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful name - good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that is such a beautiful name! I love how it blends your name. Very cool that she will have a part of both of her mother's through her name. You're right too- she DOES look like Annelise! A beautiful name for a beautiful little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I LOVE her name! So special and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the name. Both of them. And yeah, it's hard to be so far away. Post-referral is such a different kind of wait, isn't it? Not better or worse, just...different.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The love and adoration that you have for your little girl is so sweet. I love the name and I think you were wise to change it....a mother's heart always knows!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful name! I don't blame you for changing it...Annelise has a beautiful meaning for her!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it!! SO glad you are happy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the name! It's beautiful. The meaning and it flows so well with Bitna. I also think your discussion of reasons is thoughtful and loving.

    Praying for Annelise to come home soon (will you call her Ann or Anna?). Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty name..it was actually one on our list too! Our pastors just brought a little girl home from China and Annelise is her name too! She is precious, just like yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it's so lovely that you put so much thought into her name, and that you wanted to give her something meaningful that matched well with what her birth mother wanted for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it. Great reason to change...very meaningful.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
We are waiting to adopt our fourth child from the U.S.A. I am a momma to three other awesome children and wife to the love of my life. My boys are homegrown and my daughter is adopted from S. Korea . We cannot wait to meet our next baby!