Saturday, January 22, 2011

Seven months old today!

Happy Seven Month Birthday Annelise! To be honest again, this day is hard on me. I am actually missing my daughter's life. I did not quite understand how hard it is to have your child's picture and not be there for big milestones until it happened to me. I understood it was hard, but sometimes you do not fully "get" something until you are in the situation. To those parents that have to wait and wait to travel, oh man, I get it now. We are with SWS, so hopefully we will not miss too many more "month days". We ordered a cake to celebrate today (strawberry shortcake!) and i will take a pic of it tonight when we blow out a candle in her honor. We love you sweet girl. Mommy prays there will not be many more months of your life that go by without me there.
Here is another favorite picture of my daughter. We were so blessed to receive a huge stack of them. I have lots to share! As my friend Debra put it, "she is saving her smiles for when you get her!" I like the sound of that!

5 comments:

  1. The wait for travel was awful for me. I was a complete wreck. It physically hurt me to know that I was missing everything (and I don't even like small babies). But you know, as soon as that phone rings, the pain will go away, and both of us lucked into a great and efficient agency that brings the babies home fairly quickly (of course not nearly quick enough).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...happy 7 months, baby girl!! Hoping she's in your arms VERY SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping you don't miss many more month milestones and she is home soon in your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 7 months! Hope she's home soon! She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I know it's so hard. The wait for travel was the worst for me. It reminds me of that line from When Harry Met Sally.."When you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible!"

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
We are waiting to adopt our fourth child from the U.S.A. I am a momma to three other awesome children and wife to the love of my life. My boys are homegrown and my daughter is adopted from S. Korea . We cannot wait to meet our next baby!