Thursday, April 29, 2010

Tell it like it is Thursday

Wow, I am having one of those days. What yesterday was as a high, today has been a low. It all started at 5:45am when Anderson woke up, diaper leaked, covered in pee. I changed him, but could not get hime back to sleep. (He normally sleep until close to 9am) This apparently woke up Jack, who usually sleeps till 7ish. So I started the day grumpy and sleepy, and aggrivated Anderson woke up so early. Then I try to get him down for an early nap at 11:30. I have him asleep after rocking him, am laying him in his crib when Jack (who was supposed to be quietly watching a video) barges in his room loudly. Anderson wakes up, I about lose my temper with Jack. 30 minutes later I get a phone call from my Dad. My grandmother is dying today. He flew in from Korea a few days ago because it did not look good for her. Today it is much worse and she is having heart failure and completely unconsious. While I am trying to hear the details on the phone Jack completely throws a fit, interupts and will not be quiet so I can hear my Dad. Hang up the phone, completely lose my temper with Jack, stick him in his room for quiet time, and crumple on the floor in a crying heap. Anderson is still in his room not taking his nap as well. Some days are not good Mommy days, I guess. Now on top of being so sad about my Grandma (who is 90, and has had alzheimers for years), I feel like an awful Mom who should have had more patience with her 4 year old.
Sigh. I need some fresh air.

5 comments:

  1. WOW! What a rough, awful day!!! Make yourself a cup of hot tea (or coffee, or whatever), get some chocolate, and take a mommy time-out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry. Hope you day turns around a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man - that sounds horrible! And I *hate* when you have bad days following good days, don't you?! And, you are not an awful mom! (Just a good mom having a bad day!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a rough mama day. Don't beat yourself up...we all could use more patience at times...but it isn't always possible. You were thrown a LOT in one day. (BTW...5:45 is sort of normal wake-up time around here...if not down-right sleeping in sometimes. Sigh.) I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma. So sad when those we love are not doing well and we will lose them soon. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry. Saying a prayer for you and your family during this difficult time. I agree with having a cup of something warm and a piece of chocolate and try to relax (hopefully you're in bed - I should be).
    Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
We are waiting to adopt our fourth child from the U.S.A. I am a momma to three other awesome children and wife to the love of my life. My boys are homegrown and my daughter is adopted from S. Korea . We cannot wait to meet our next baby!