Friday, April 23, 2010

Sigh

I know my blog has been absolutely riveting lately with my constant updates about our 1-600A approval. So here is another one for you!
I talked to Barker today, and they heard back from the offices that are holding my approval up for ransom. (j/k, kinda) They told Barker they would "look into" our approval and they are currently processing people fingerprinted in March. Ummmm... we were fingerprinted in February. What in the world??? Barker told me to write the woman in charge again and put some pressure on her. BUT, be very nice, but be pushy. Hmmmm.... I have some things in mind I would like to write, but instead wrote a very nice, slightly pushy email just now. Barker says if I do not have it by next Wed. they are going to get more involved. Yipee. (excuse my sarcasm) This is just completely and utterly absurd. My fingerprits have been sitting on someones office desk for going on 10 weeks. I am so upset. Upset does not really do what I feel justice. Every day when I check the mail instant tears flood my eyes. Our paperwork just sits stagnat at Barker while someone is letting our paperwork sit still for no good reason. If 4 other people were printed after me and got their approvals within 2 weeks from other states there is absolutely no reason why almost 10 weeks later I am still checking the mail. Absolutely ridiculous. I was given a timeline from Barker of 6-8 weeks, with 8 weeks being the longest possible wait. I know it is no fault of Barkers and to some of you, me being upset about a few extra weeks may seem silly, but to me, all my hopes and dreams are tied to that approval. With that approval, our homestudy and request for our daughter can go to Korea. Without that approval, nothing happens. Everything I have prayed for for so long just sits. We can't get our daughter. So every day when I open that mail box and find a pile full of junk just reminds me of that. I fear it will never come and my prayers will never be realized. Now, I know, I am an emotional wreck at this point, and I know, every single thing in this adoption is in God's hands, in His timing. But I also know I am so in love with our little girl. I just want to be "on the list" and be waiting for her picture.
And that is what I wish I could write the woman in charge who holds the power to letting our paperwork go to Korea.

9 comments:

  1. ugh. so frustrating! i hope you have them by next wednesday... since yours were done in FEB! geez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So So frustrating :( I am not at this point yet but I will be soon, and I know I would be so angry in your situation. Hugs to you and your family!! In this trying time, hold on to the knowledge that God is behind the scenes, orchestrating each and every event that plays out in our life story, for his perfect plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO sorry! Big hugs! That is extremely frustrating. We just got our fingerprint date and then we'll start the extremely frustrating wait. I can only imagine how you are feeling right now. I am so frustrated for you! Prayers that they figure out what went wrong and fix it IMMEDIATELY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is that you have the patience of a saint!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know. This just sucks. I hate when something like this happens and no one can explain why silly things happen. I just hate that you're the one unlucky person who this is happening to. It may sound like a broken record, and it may not help you AT ALL, but this whole process is like this - up and down, taking longer than it should, and so on. We had similar things happen before Olive came home, and I have to say (now that I'm on the other side - I know it's easy for me to say), that I'm glad we had those delays b/c we wouldn't have our little O if we had NOT had those delays. So... every little thing that goes wrong means that you will end up with YOUR child... the one meant to be yours.
    Hang in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second these other comments. The hoops you have to jump through are so frustrating, but all part of a plan to get you to the child meant for you! Hang in there, you'll see it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I appreciate your honest feelings. I would feel the same way. My husband had to go back and get re-fingerprinted yesterday. They never even notified our home study agency that it didn't come it well enough the first time. Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree when people say that the timing is what it is so that you get YOUR daughter, the one meant for your family. I mean I truly believe that. BUT the waiting is so hard and what's worse is when your paperwork sits for no reason whatsoever while someone fails to do their job. UGH! I feel your pain and I'm so, so sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
We are waiting to adopt our fourth child from the U.S.A. I am a momma to three other awesome children and wife to the love of my life. My boys are homegrown and my daughter is adopted from S. Korea . We cannot wait to meet our next baby!