Sunday, September 19, 2010

Adoption friends

This weekend I got to meet a few girls from our adoption agency that are a little ahead of me in the waiting game. J has her sweet referral and D is patiently waiting still. (ring phone, ring!) We had a nice lunch and it was sooooooo awesome to talk face to face with sweet ladies who "get" adoption. It was the first time since we began the process I have done this. And I wish I could do it every day! We talked for over 3 hours and it felt like 20 mintues. At times, it can feel very isolating to know you are expecting a very special bundle, but not have any real physical proof you are. And at close to the year mark of this journey, some people have just kinda forgotten, and I stopped bringing it up. I think to some, it seems as though this will never happen. And some days I feel like that myself. But to get to talk in person to a woman with a photo book of her sweet baby's pictures, waiting to travel to pick him up was inspiring and refreshing. :) Thanks girls, and I hope when the babies are home, they will always be good friends. And I equally hope I can meet some of you, my new bloggy friends, in the near future!

8 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you all had fun! I REALLY wish I could've been there. Please do it again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meeting and talking to other adoptive parents is a wonderful experience! It is so nice to be able to talk & talk & talk adoption...with people who really (!) get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have thought many times how fun it would be to get together with some blogging friends. I think following a blog allows you to really get to know a family and be a part in their journey--especially through prayer, support and encouragement!!

    I am so glad that we started a blog and connected with other adopting families! Thinking we should gather all the Virginia bloggers and get together!! What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ring, phone, ring!!! So glad you got together. It's such a blessing to have other Adoptive Mommies to talk to who are waiting as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't agree more - there's nothing like talking to friends who totally get it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly, that would be great fun! Just tell me when and where. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know what I would have done without the help and understanding only someone in the process can give you. I'm so glad that you got to meet!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
We are waiting to adopt our fourth child from the U.S.A. I am a momma to three other awesome children and wife to the love of my life. My boys are homegrown and my daughter is adopted from S. Korea . We cannot wait to meet our next baby!