Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Thoughts....

Whew, this waiting feels like it will never end! And I know I am at the very last step of our adoption before I get the phone call that I have waited for - travel call! I constantly have a million thoughts running thru my head. It is like I am on an adrenaline high. Rest is hard to come by while I am waiting for that magical call. I still have a bit left of packing to do, I need to sign a medical release form for the boys while we are away, make copies of house keys, keep the house clean and keep my laundry clean! AGHHHH.... it is kinda maddening. I feel like it is really hard to explain where I am now if you have not lived it. SOOOOOO excited to go, but soooo nervous about forgetting to something major and worried about leaving my boys. It is very similar to the feeling of right before you know you are about to give birth.... except I have been thru that twice, this is much more complicated. Arranging where the kids are going to be and such is a huge endeavor. I imagine if I were just packing to go to Korea, and Annelise were our first child, some of this stress would be off of me with getting my kids ready to not have us here for such a long time. And also I want the boys prepared for what will be happening to our family soon! I want to get in lots of snuggles and one on one time. I feel like I am under lots of pressure and I may burst! (not saying if you are waiting to travel to adopt and don't have kids, your life is easy street, i know you have just as many things going on, and you also have the added stress of being a first time parent!) So if you would say a prayer for my hubby and I to get thru these last days....... I would appreciate it. The phone could literally ring at any minute saying our sweet baby is ready for us to come get her. MY, this is what I have been dreaming about!! God is good, and I can't wait to get that call!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I know it's not the same thing, but I'm feeling the exact same way waiting for my baby to be born! I'm SO excited for you and can't wait for you to get "the" phone call - so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Abi! It is very similar, I am very excitedly for your little bundle of joy! Happy labor vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elisabeth - I can't wait! Praying your phone rings SOON!!! I can't wait to see pictures of her in your arms. Prayers for leaving the boys - that is definitely going to be the hardest part - leaving my kids for a week. But it's so wonderful too! Time with your husband and time one on one with Annelise before becoming a FULL family of 5!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feeling you lady!!!!! I'm so there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please know that we will commit to praying for you and your family as you wait on that special call and prepare to go get your little girl!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
We are waiting to adopt our fourth child from the U.S.A. I am a momma to three other awesome children and wife to the love of my life. My boys are homegrown and my daughter is adopted from S. Korea . We cannot wait to meet our next baby!