Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hallelujah, i got into blogger

So sorry for lack of updates. I JUST figured out how to log in in Korean. lol. Oh my we met our beautiful daughter yesterday and she is just amazing. I am going to load pictures on my dad's computer in a few hours for you all to see. The airplane ride was looooooooooooong. :) We were very very tired when we landed and barely slept the first night. Yesterday was full of traveling on the Korean subway to reach SWS. There will be a whole blog post on that. It was not pretty! Then we met Ms. Sun the director of adoptions and she was very very nice. We asked how she matched Annelise Bitna to us and she said she thought she looked like us. :) We took a taxi to Annelise's foster families home and got to see her for the first time. She was very shy at first, but quickly warmed up to Daniel. He held her first. It did not take long for her to start smiling at us. I pulled out a toy phone for her that lit up and got the BIGGEST squishy grin. When she smiles her whole face smooshes up and we laughted so hard! She then started blowing smacking kisses at us. She blew one at Daniel then smiled huge and I saw immediately she had him wrapped around her finger. He was totally enamored with her. It was perfect. She then let me hold her and I blew her kisses. I fed her some gerber puffs and got a huge grin each time she ate one. Peach flavor. Her foster mom is wonderful and her and the foster dad love Annelise very much. They dote on her. It warmed my heart to see just how loved she is. The foster mom gave me a picture book of Annelise from when she got her when Annelise was 6 weeks old. Such an answer to prayer. And she also gave her a beautiful hot pink and yellow butterfly handbok for her first birthday. (butterflies! i saw butterflies everywhere while we were waiting on her referral!) It is beautiful and I promised to send pictures of ANnelise in it. She also gave me her favorite blanket, a big yellow quilt and Annelises favorite baby cookies. The foster mom told our social worker Monday will be very hard on her, because Annelsie is so special. (we take custody of our girl Monday at 11:30) I am dreading taking her away from her fm, because they so obviously love each other. Pray for us all!!!
The weather here is freezing. Seoul women are beatiful and wear high heals everywhere. I gave up looking like i kinda fit in. Today is tennis shoes, ski hat and 4 layers of clothing. Oh and glasses. My contacts freaked out on me yesterday and I am all out of spares. !!!! Anyway, I am shocked at how they don't wear hats or gloves here. It snowed yesterday. I look like an eskimo! :)
Today we are actually meeting up with my dad who lives here part time and works for Korean Air. He is going to show us around and take us to the military base. And buy me a winter coat on the base, thank goodness! I have my raincoat. !
Seoul is amazing, pictures to come very soon, I am so sorry for lack of blogging. I have much more to say... soon!! BLessings to you all and thank you for your prayers~ love, Elisabeth

12 comments:

  1. YAY! That's what we've been waiting for (well, that and pictures but I understand how difficult that can be!). How cool that your Dad is there. I didn't realize he worked for KA! :) Hope you get warm. Good luck finding a coat. Hoping it warms up for you but so happy to hear about your meeting with Annelise. She sounds like a sweetheart! Enjoy the next 3 days with your hubby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad to hear from you! Sounds like things went really well. I'm just so excited that your day is nearly here! All this time you've been waiting, and she'll be in your arms forever so, so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading every word. Praying for you continually. Hope your cough gets better soon! Praying for you guys & the foster parents on Monday! Can't wait to hear more about this amazing journey...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO happy for ya'll, Elisabeth!! Can't wait to see pics of your sweet baby girl in your arms!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elisabeth, thanks again for sharing this journey with us. It has absolutely warmed my heart. I'm sure there will be some transition time, but Annelise will be able to sense that you love her and have been loving her for a long time and her foster family will be at peace knowing that too. What a blessing that they have done such a great job of loving her until you could get there! Lots of love and prayers to you! xoxo Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that you have met your DAUGHTER!!!!!! WhoooHOOOO!! So happy for you guys! CANNOT wait to see pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you guys! I remember your butterfly sign way back when ... amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! So happy to hear an update. :) Your pics on fb are adorable! She is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was wonderful to read about your first meeting. She is such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this travel update, all the little details you'll remember about Seoul and your first meeting. Happy to hear your first meeting went well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like things are going so well. YAY! I always love reading about and seeing photos from families visits with their babies. Soooo special after waiting so long. Seoul is amazing. I'm so glad you both went...something you'll NEVER forget and can tell your daughter about over & over.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel like I'm living through you right now!! Its soooo exciting! I am so happy for you! I am hanging on every word and picture. God is so good! I can't wait for more updates and more pictures. Praying for a safe and easy trip back home!

    (Please let me know what you had to do in Korea to get into Blogger! I hope I can figure it out too! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
We are waiting to adopt our fourth child from the U.S.A. I am a momma to three other awesome children and wife to the love of my life. My boys are homegrown and my daughter is adopted from S. Korea . We cannot wait to meet our next baby!